Director of Print & Mail Operations
The Director of Print & Mail Operations is responsible for all aspects of developing and running an efficient and quality focused print, bindery, fulfillment and mailing operation. The Director will lead the production departments to meet strategic initiatives and financial goals by providing training, mentoring and supervision to all production departments. The Director will also personally lead and promote Lean manufacturing initiatives, fostering a culture of change, evolution and continuous improvement. this individual must also have the drive for the dynamic pursuit of operational excellence.
Essential Functions ::
- Develop and foster a production environment that is focused on quality and client satisfaction.
- Build a team of managers whom understand that accountability is the cornerstone of client satisfaction.
- Be an agent for change by understanding the need for creative solutions to satisfy our clients which, at times, will require implementing changes to processes, workflows and/or staff.
- Drive team dynamics, workflow and processes. Mentor others in the team environment through communicating "why" things are done.
- Oversee staffing levels in all departments by working with Management and Human Resources to ensure appropriate staffing is in place.
- Establish strict productivity standards for all operations - including production speeds and output.
- Ensure managers are following policy related to team interaction, such as conducting performance reviews and documenting disciplinary action through the Streamworks Discipline Without Punishment process.
- Ultimate responsibility for job scheduling - regularly requiring flexibility and nearly constant change to accomplish 98% of client requests - building a highly agile production environment.
- Promote and sustain employee health and safety by ensuring compliance with all city, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Participate in all major operations/production related decisions in all phases of business activity.
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication, both written and verbal in a fair and professional manner in all interactions with internal and external clients
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
Education and/or Experience ::
- Bachelor's degree or other post high school degree preferred
- 5+ years' experience managing medium or large scale print and mail operations
- Knowledge of offset and digital print and mail manufacturing equipment and best practices
Supervisory Responsibility ::
This position is directly responsible for leading managers of the fulfillment and mailing operations, and indirectly responsible for all employees within the departments.
What Streamworks Offers ::
- Free access to our onsite Fitness Center
- Free access to our onsite Game Room
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan, with an employer contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Long Term Disability
- Other voluntary benefits such as Vision, Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, and more
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.