2nd Shift Supervisor
Come grow with us! Streamworks has recently relocated to Blaine, MN in a brand new state-of-the-art headquarters. We are seeking a business minded and team oriented individual to lead our 2nd shift mail processing team.
As the 2nd Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising employees in a manufacturing environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities::
- Carry out daily production plan as set by the Production Manager, VP of Operations, and other management positions.
- Work with management and leadership teams to put employees into teams and assign jobs.
- Training and cross-training of staff.
- Address job-related questions and concerns effectively to all internal customers as needed.
- Approve time sheets and time off requests for reporting employees.
- Ensure quality control processes are followed throughout the production floor.
- Ensure all safety policies are followed and hold a high regard for the safety of others.
- Proactively pull product from inventory for jobs to ensure material is staged and machines are running with minimal downtime.
- Provide written documentation and follow the Streamworks Discipline Without Punishment process.
- Recommend Performance Improvement Plan intervention, and/or termination.
- Assist with setups of lettershop machines.
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication, both written and verbal
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
Education and/or Experience::
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 5-8 years of experience in a production environment.
- Previous leadership or management experience preferred.
- Standard 2nd shift hours of operation is 3:30pm-2:00am Monday-Thursday
- As a 2nd shift supervisor, there is an expectation to come in early each day to allow for shift change and job status updates
- Overtime and weekends may be needed as job duties demand
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
What Streamworks Offers::
- Free access to our onsite Fitness Center
- Free access to our onsite Game Room
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan, with an employer contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance, AD&D and Long Term Disability
- Other voluntary benefits such as Vision, Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, and more
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.